Okay, this whole John McCain, Sarah Palin form of campaigning is really beginning to annoy me. I can not comprehend why the people in this great country are not doing anything about all of their lies. They are and have been exposed, either through the internet or on a much smaller basis the MSM. Let me just throw out a few that are on the top of my head (one caveat: my memory is horrendous:)
- He continously claims that Obama will raise taxes on the middle class and the poor. This is an OUTRIGHT LIE. Obama's plan specifically calls for a tax increase on anyone that makes OVER $250,000. Oh, I forgot though, John McBush thinks that anyone that makes under
$5 million is middle class. That must explain his confusion. McCain's plan calls for a rate cut for the top 1% earners, leaving out everyone else. That means us, fellow middle classers and the poverty stricken.
- He OUTRIGHT LIES about Sarah Palin being a reformer against earmarks. As mayor of Wasilla (population 5,300 when she was head honcho) she hired a lobbyist (from disgraced and accused Sen. Ted Stevens office) and they received the highest per capita earmarks in the WHOLE COUNTRY. Yes, Obama also applied for earmarks but he has never claimed to be against them and certainly not a staunch reformer against them.
- He OUTRIGHT LIES about Sarah Palin putting the Governor's jet up for sale on Ebay and selling it for a PROFIT. This is absolutely NOT true! She listed it on Ebay 3 times and received no interest. She ended up having to sell it at more than a $500,000 LOSS. This jet was not just used to shuttle around the governor, it was also used to transport prisoners around the state.
- He has admitted to CHEATING on his former wife MANY times while they were married. In fact he married his current wife, Cindy just one month after the divorce was final. A fact that he also LIED about in his memoir. He has admitted to this lie on TV since then. Why is okay for him but not John Edwards? Oh, I forgot, because he spent 5-1/2 years in a prison cell over 40 years ago. Isn't that also the reason why it's okay that he can't remember that he owns 7 houses? No, couldn't be because that was the reason he used when he was accused of carpet bagging when he first ran for congress in Arizona way back when. Has he really been using that excuse that long? Uh, huh!
- He claims that he is a "maverick" (a little Top Gun envy going on there?) and has separated himself from George Bush. Yet when it suited him before, during the brief (and I emphasize brief) time that Bush's ratings were higher, he was like his twin. He even went on talk shows and bragged, yes bragged about how he voted with Bush 90% of the time. Now he's just wiped that record clean, as if it didn't happen. As if we are all stupid. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what he is counting on. For us to be stupid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHN9bLCgF7k
These are just a few of the MANY lies told by the McPalin campaign. I'll get into more later. Please feel free to add your own.